How do you start off a cover letter?
To create an effective opening to your cover letter, follow these steps:
- Convey enthusiasm for the company.
- Highlight a mutual connection.
- Lead with an impressive accomplishment.
- Bring up something newsworthy.
- Express passion for what you do.
- Tell a creative story.
- Start with a belief statement.
What is the best greeting for a cover letter?
Examples of General Salutations
- Dear Hiring Manager.
- To Whom It May Concern.
- Dear Human Resources Manager.
- Dear Sir or Madam.
- Dear [Company Name] Recruiter.
How do you start a cover letter in 2019?
What is a Cover Letter? (and Why It’s Important)
- Header – Input contact information.
- Greeting the hiring manager.
- Opening paragraph – Grab the reader’s attention with 2-3 of your top achievements.
- Second paragraph – Explain why you’re the perfect candidate for the job.
How do you set up a cover letter?
To write a cover letter that gets you the job, follow the 8 steps we covered:
- Create a professional header with your info.
- Address the hiring manager by name.
- Show relevant achievements to introduce yourself in the first paragraph.
- Target the employer’s needs and prove you can help in the second paragraph.