How do you start a religion legally?
So, let’s get started.
- Create your own scripture.
- Create or affirm your own rituals.
- Realize that in religion, nothing is just something.
- Remember, you are the founder, the prophet of your own religion, but not its God.
- There’s nothing wrong with borrowing.
- Happy Birthday!
How many followers do you need to start a religion?
You need at least 3 people to be considered a religion. One person is a thought, two is a discussion, three is a belief.
What makes religion a religion?
Religion can be explained as a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
Is it legal to make your own religion?
There’s no legal issue at all involved in starting a religion. You can start one in 5 minutes. Getting legal privileges for your religion may be tough, but more difficult would probably be attracting followers. If you’re really asking about starting a church, in the USA it’s not that hard.