How do I start homeschooling in Tennessee?
Option 1: Independent home school.
- Ensure that you have the required teacher qualifications. You must have at least a high school diploma or a GED.
- Submit a notice of intent.
- Submit proof of immunization.
- Provide the required hours of instruction.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Test your child in grades 5, 7, and 9.
Is homeschool free in Tennessee?
To find out about the legal requirements for homeschooling in Tennessee, Discovery K12 recommends visiting the Tennessee Department of Education website. Discovery K12 is an online platform and curriculum for independent homeschoolers. The curriculum is free for pre-k to twelfth grade, and includes all major subjects.
Can you homeschool in TN?
In Tennessee, parents have the option to educate their children at home, an option known as homeschooling or home education. Parents in Tennessee may choose to home school their own children in grades K – 12. For additional questions email [email protected]
Can you start homeschooling at any time?
Homeschooling is legal in all 50 states, and you can begin homeschooling at any time, even in the middle of the school year. The semester break is a perfect time to make the change; however, you can withdraw your children from school at any time.