How do I restart the print spooler?
How to Restart Print Spooler Manually on Windows 7
- Press and hold down the hotkeys Windows and R.
- Type msc in the Run command box, and press Enter.
- In the window that appears next, scroll down to find Print Spooler.
- Right-click on Print Spooler and choose Stop, Start, or Restart as required.
What is a print spooler and how do I fix it?
Fix for “The print spooler service is not running” Error in
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“.
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
How do I start the Print Spooler service in Windows?
Step 1: Click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Type services.
- Step 3: Scroll down the list (it is sorted alphabetically) until you find the Print Spooler option.
- Step 4: Right-click on the Print Spooler option, then select the Start option.
How do I restart the print spooler in Windows 10?
How to restart the Printer Spooler in Windows 10
- From the Cortana Search Bar Type in Services and select the Services Desktop App.
- Scroll down the list of services and right click on Print Spooler.
- Click on Restart.
What is the printer spooler?
A software program in Microsoft Windows that is responsible for managing all print jobs currently being sent to the computer printer or print server. The print spooler program allows a user to delete a print job being processed or otherwise manage the print jobs currently waiting to be printed.
How do I reset my printer?
- Power the printer off completely.
- While the power is off, simultaneously hold down the Menu>, Go, and Select buttons.
- While still holding down the buttons, power the printer back on. Release the buttons when Restoring Factory Defaults appears on the display.
- Allow the printer to warm up as normal.
Where is the print spooler folder?
The default Print Spooler directory of a Windows operating system installation is located in /windows/system32/spool/PRINTERS on the system partition.
What causes printer spooling?
Various problems involving the spooler can occur with printers after you click print. Usually if there is an issue with one document that has been sent to the printer and has been added to the print queue by the spooler, it will cause all print jobs behind it in the queue to stop.
Is spooler SubSystem app a virus?
Is spoolsv.exe a virus? No, it is not. The true spoolsv.exe file is a safe Microsoft Windows system process, called “Spooler SubSystem App”. However, writers of malware programs, such as viruses, worms, and Trojans deliberately give their processes the same file name to escape detection.
What is a printer spooler error?
The print spooler helps your Windows computer interact with the printer, and orders the print jobs in your queue. If you see any error message about the print spooler, this tool has been corrupted or is failing to interact correctly with other software. You may need to try more than one method to fix the spooler.